The eResearch South newsletter is released quarterly and aims to keep subscribers up to date with the activities of the consortium and showcase the projects and events related to eResearch South.
Newsletter Spring 2013
- “The Digital Social Research Programme” by Megan Meredith-Lobay
- “Infrastructure needs for the Digital Humanities” by David Robey
- “Optimising Digital Hologram Replay on GPU at Brunel University”by Peter Hobson
News and Events:
- Bournemouth University Joins e-Research South
- Digital.Humanities@Oxford Summer School 2013
- Rigour and Openness in 21st Century Science
- FP7 CHARMe Project - Characterisation of metadata to enable high-quality climate applications and services
- UK e-Infrastructure Academic User Community Forum
- ITaaU workshop: Libraries of the Future
- e-Research South on Twitter @eResearchSouth
Newsletter December 2012
- "Digital Research 2012" by David De Roure
- "EVOp : Environmental Virtual Observatory, pilot project" by Jane Lewis & Barbara Percy
- "e-Infrastructure South Centre for Innovation 8 months on" by Andrew Richards
- "Smart Research Framework (SRF) University Modernisation Fund (UMF) Project" by Jeremy Frey
- "IT as a Utility Network Plus, A RCUK Digital Economy Theme Challenge Area" by Jeremy Frey & Steve Brewer
- "SOCIAM" by Joyce Lewis
- "Content Navigation Throughout The Content Lifecycle - Semantic Media Network Launched" by David De Roure
- "NeuroHub" by María Susana Avila García
- "GeoViQua: Earth Observation data quality and visualization" by Jon Blower,
- "PaNdata – building an open data infrastructure for photon and neutron sources" by Juan Bicarregui,
- "The European Grid Infrastructure: opportunities and successes for the e-Research South community and the UK" by Steve Brewer,
- "New Centre of Innovation for the Application of High Performance Computing" by Dai Jenkings.
Articles: 'Opinion' - Infrastructure-based Visualization by Min Chen , Cloud Computing and e-Research South by David Wallom.
Featured Projects: The Smart Research Framework (SRF): Cloud-based Collaborative Notebook Systems by Jeremy Frey
Articles: 'Opinion' - Research Environments of the Future by Anne Trefethen, Computational Neuroscience and the Neurohub Project by Phillip L Newland
Featured Projects: A Virtual Research Environment for Cancer Imaging by Susana Avila Garcia and Anne Trefethen
Articles: 'Opinion - Data Data everywhere but how to consume it?' by David De Roure, 'Getting the most out of data' by Jon Blower
Featured projects: Advanced Dynamic Energy Pricing and Tariffs (ADEPT) and Neurohub
Articles: 'Opinion - Visualising Environmental Data' by Keith Haines, Lakshmi Sastry and Brian Matthews.
Featured projects: LabBlogBook, Blog 3, MyExperiment, SALAMI and Field trip annotation.
Featured Projects: High Performance Computing technologies for Smart Distributed Network Operation (HiPerDNO), Advanced Dynamic Energy Pricing and Tariffs (ADEPT), MashMyData and BlogMyData.
If you would like to receive future editions then please subscribe to the list.
There are currently no criteria on which to search. Please add them using the 'criteria' tab.